Lauren Sheridan is (or was, I'm not sure) a student at a major university, and became a precocious entrepreneur with the invention of a really nice filtered water bottle, and creating a new company, Inspire Green. I met her--she is also a great kid.
She sent us a recent newsletter, aptly titled, Inspire Green, and included some ideas on greening up your Ipod. Take a look:
"5 FREE iPod Applications
To Help Your Business Go Green
1) Green Card: Simply create your digital business card on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad to share it directly with your contacts. When you make a change to your electronic card, your contacts are immediately notified. While you may receive groans from those who like to collect those 3.5 x 2-inch old-school business cards, you can feel good knowing you‟re conscious of eco-friendly behaviors!
2) Route4Me: One of the top navigation apps in the App Store, Route4Me is a must-have app for any mobile salesman, service technician, delivery driver, or real estate agent. Its multi-destination feature re-organizes your route so it‟s more fuel-friendly. You‟ll not only save fuel and CO2 emissions, but time and money to boot.
3) iRecycle: Does your business use a lot of recyclable materials? If so, iRecycle, developed by Earth911 helps you to look up locations in your area that accept trash for recycling. With over 240 materials available to be recycled, surely your company can do its bit in reducing the amount of waste filling up landfills.
4) Good Guide: With more than 70,000 product ratings, the Good Guide app helps you purchase safe and sustainable products for your business. From organic food products to eco-friendly paper products and cleaning supplies, businesses can make their next office supplies purchase count by helping the planet. You can even scan a product bar code with your phone to quickly looking up its health, environment, and social responsibility rating.
5) Commute Greener: The Commute Greener app “turns your phone into a mobile CO2 calculator.” This iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad app is designed to help individuals, companies, and communities make a positive climate change. Based upon your daily commuting choices, this ingenious application tracks your greenhouse gas emissions. More importantly, it encourages you to set reduction targets. There‟s a clever social aspect to this app too, which allows you to compare your carbon footprint reductions with others. Why not conduct an office contest to see who can be greenest?
Live Green. Love"
We love this part of the business side of green. A young, ambitious new business owner teaching us how to use newer technology, Ipod's, in a more sustainable way. Very cool.
Enjoy the weekend.