Wonderful interview with the CEO of Earth Friendly Products this week. She will be part of the panel we are moderating next week at UCLA. If you have not seen what we are doing, take a look here and tune in next week: http://renewablenow.biz/main.html
In the meantime we encourage you to find out more about their incredible company and products.
OUR PLEDGEWe pledge that our products are environmentally responsible, work well and provide value. We will never test on animals or use animal ingredients. We will conduct business in a socially responsible manner that safeguards the earth.
OUR COMPANYEarth Friendly Products: A short history
Our family began by making cleaners for industrial use before Corvettes had fins. When your grandmother was wearing a poodle skirt and drinking a float at the soda fountain, we were earning our first patents
Decades later, when Jimi Hendrix turned rock upside down and played guitar with his teeth, we started our own quiet rebellion. We decided: only cleaners that were plant-based. Only paper that was recycled. Only products not tested on animals, period.
Does it sound boring to say we’re family owned and operated? Because what it means to us is that it’s personal. We’ve been around, well – seems like forever. We know how to make cleaners that CLEAN, paper goods that work (with 80% post-consumer content, and that’s good,) detergents that won’t harm a fiber of your clothing, and a phosphate-free auto dish soap that won’t etch anything. Ever.
We’re earth Friendly Products. Green. Clean.
And really, really good at both.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
- Earth Friendly Products is a “champion” in the eyes of the Environmental Protection Agency and its Safer Detergents Stewardship Initiative, or SDSI. We are committed to the use of safe surfactants (wetting agents in detergent “that break down quickly to non-polluting compounds and help protect aquatic life in both fresh and salt water,” as the EPA says). In accordance with SDSI, our products are readily biodegradable, non-toxic, free of phosphates, and have a neutral pH. Because they are plant-based and petroleum-free, our surfactants do not bio-accumulate or mimic human hormones.
- We are very proud to have won awards and recognition, including:
- Being chosen as one of the “Best in the Green” products by Avalon Communications (2007).
- Best line of cruelty-free household products from PETA (2007).
- Readers’ Choice Award from Natural Home Magazine for best cleaning products (2002).
- Quality Institute International (American Culinary Institute) 2002/2003 Gold Performance Award/Medal for best citrus-based cleaners.
- Socially Responsible Business Award (2003)
- Earth Friendly Products has international distribution of a retail line of over 60 household products, an industrial/bulk Pro-Line of over 25 products, and a Natural Pet Care Line of 16 items. Our products may be purchased at a variety of retail outlets and on our web site.
- FIRST To eliminate 1,4 Dioxane, a carcinogen, from all products.
- FIRST To stop use of salts in all cleaners, an action necessary to protect water supplies.
- FIRST To eliminate Formaldehyde, a pernicious toxin.
- FIRST / ONLY To introduce a patented neutral pH automatic dishwashing product, WAVE® Gel.
- TOP SELLING Green Laundry product worldwide, ECOS® laundry detergent.
- ONLY Green manufacturer with plants strategically located in 5 regions.
- FIRST To generate more than 50% of our plant electrical needs by using solar panels.
- FIRST In sustainability.
- ONLY Green primary manufacturing company. We're a one-link supply chain. We don't contract our manufacturing to others. We control the entire process. We respond to new research and customer preferences immediately.